2.16.2011

Sustainable Style: H&M Conscious Collection

I'd say that a good 97% of my wardrobe is made up of thrifted clothes. The other 3% is a mix of two stores, whose aesthetic I love: Anthropologie (I just recently came into some pieces from their sale rack this past Christmas, thanks to my wonderful in-laws!) and H&M.

The love the latter because they have certain collections reminiscent of Anthro's style, but at a much more affordable price. So I was thrilled when I read last week that they've developed a new line of clothing made from organic cotton, Tencel and recycled polyester, and nothing in it costs more than $60.

It's called the Conscious Collection, and I think it's absolutely stunning, which is saying a lot because there's not much color in it (and we know how I love bright, bold colors!). Instead, its palette is various shades of white, but the romantic cuts and lace trims definitely scream "spring" and "summer."

I only pulled images of the dresses, since that's what I usually live in during the warm weather seasons, but you can go here to see photos of the entire collection, which includes tops, skirts, shorts and pants, and clothes for men and children. Everything will be available in stores on April 14.










I love the second, fifth and seventh ones. Which is your favorite?

{All images courtesy of H&M}

2 comments:

  1. I love the fourth and the seventh. They look like vintage slips or nightgowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second and the fourth.
    nice blog^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...